martes, 10 de febrero de 2015

Smashbox blemish control primer

Hands up everybody with bad skin. Don't get me wrong, I'm lucky I know compared to some people, but spots get us all down from time to time. In passing, I mentioned this to the Smashbox representative who matched me to my Liquid Halo foundation and she sent me away with a little tub of this beauty; Smashbox blemish control primer.


Now, if you follow me on twitter then you might recall the massive bitch fit (for want of a better term) that I threw when I got my Liquid Halo home only to find that they'd given me shade 3 when I am clearly a shade 1. Fast forward to taking it back to the store to swap it where the girl kindly gave me yet another very, very full tub of this primer as an apology. Now I'd like to say that it was love at first use but... it wasn't. I used it a couple of times (and my skin actually did clear up), then no doubt moved onto something newer and shinier because the remaining tub of this got thrown to the bottom of the drawer never to be seen again.

When I was cleaning out my drawers a couple of weeks ago I found this again and, after about a week of use, I noticed my skin was considerably better. Even though I haven't finished the final tester tub yet (a little bit goes a long, long way), I popped out to buy myself a full tube, and got a gorgeous sample sized mascara free. The first thing I feel like it's important to say is that the primer definitely isn't that vile green colour, I'm pretty sure that's just a ploy to help differentiate between the different primers that Smashbox sell. The second thing is that this is a really unusual texture in comparison to the primers that I'm used to. Instead of being a rich, almost gel like texture it's quite thin; but this actually lends itself to the product because it means you need to use very little and it doesn't feel heavy on the skin.

This isn't cheap at £28 a tube, but in my experience it's claims are actually a little on the safe side. It claims that in two weeks skin will be visibly clearer but I feel quite confident in saying it didn't even take that long to notice a difference. The effectiveness of the spot treatment made me dubious about how effective it would be as a primer, but I've been pleasantly surprised to find my make-up staying put throughout most (but still not quite all!) of an eight hour work shift, and it doesn't make my skin feel greasy or shiny like some other primers that I've used in the past.

Not the cheapest primer on the block, but in my opinion well worth the money (consider it an investment) and guaranteed to last a fair amount of time. 

Have you tried Smashbox primers? Would you consider buying Blemish Control?

2 comentarios:

  1. Someone recommended this to me as I can't use my spot gel with other primers so I am very tempted to give this a go now xxx



    Blonde Of Carbs

    ResponderEliminar